Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

I am taking a visual development class this semester. It has proven very challenging since the concept of focusing on the development aspect over a finished rendering has been new to me. For my first attempt I chose to develop the old folk tale "The Three Billy Goats Gruff". Dealing with stylized animals, or animal drawing in general was a new challenge. I did learn a lot about animal drawing, but I still cannot say I am completely satisfied with what I came up with. I decided to wrap up the project and move on, so I quickly blocked in some compositional roughs and cleaned up my character designs.

I started working on a more comprehensive detective story set in Malta during the second world war. I am very excited about developing that, and hope to post some images from that story later.